Sold for $825K in two days.
BCP applied our unmatched approach to superior visual presentation and knowledge of the micro-market relevant to Landmark Mews to obtain the highest sale price for an interior TH in Landmark Mews history.
Think that your choice of real estate agent does not matter in the current market? Think again.
Read on to see just how much your choice of real estate agent can dramatically change your sale result.
BCP's client needed to sell their house bought just two months previously to pursue an out-of-state job opportunity. Further, the client would be leaving a vacant house.
We fully furnished our client's empty house from the "House of BCP" interior design collection to ensure maximum visual impact upon buyers, both online and in person.
BCP obtained $95K more for our client than the prior selling homeowner obtained just three months earlier.
Same house, same market environment...different agent.
At the same BCP time produced this result with 6313 Chaucer, other agents significantly undervalued the list price for other Landmark Mews THs, thereby dramatically reducing their client's sale result.
- An interior unit on Masefield with the same level of upgrades sold for $45K less than 6313 Chaucer.
- An end unit next to the Commons sold for $65K less than 6313 Chaucer.
- An interior unit with a walkout lower level sold for $135K less than 6313 Chaucer.
Your choice of real estate agent does matter. Let BCP be your trusted business advisor on real estate matters.
Please enjoy this 3 bedroom, 3 full & 2 half bath, 1-car garage, 3212 finished sq.ft. townhouse in the sought-after Landmark Mews community located in Alexandria, Virginia.
The quality and scope of the upgrades throughout the house present a rarely found opportunity – A truly move-in ready home located inside the Beltway with immediate access to 395/495/95, but within a tree-lined community in a Park-like setting. Landmark Mews is also uniquely positioned for residents to reap “livability” and house valuation benefits from the forthcoming Landmark Mall redevelopment and other planned projects along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor.
A full description of the house features and upgrades and the Landmark Mews community is provided below.
A detailed summary is also provided on the announced mixed-use redevelopment plan for Landmark Mall with Inova as the anchor client building a new flagship Alexandria hospital and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer.
The upgrades and appointments to this house are present in every room with the focus on quality readily apparent throughout.
- The elegance of this house starts at the curb, with the low-maintenance landscaping and a curved brick walk leading to the solid wood front door.
- Once inside, the house opens to a wide entry with a view of the open kitchen that is the showpiece of this house. The 10 foot ceiling, entry candelabra, and slate tile floor create a welcoming entrance.
- The fully renovated kitchen is designed to inspire the cook and to impress your guests alike, with stainless steel appliances (Wolf & Miele), Quartz counters, ample prep room, soft close cabinetry, and a custom tile backsplash. The kitchen has an island and a peninsula that offer two seating options to watch to cook at work.
- The entire Main Level is open, so every view allows the homeowner to enjoy the kitchen design. A gas fireplace with a brick surround and hearth adds to the warmth of this open living space.
- The Main Level has hardwood floors with an espresso finish that creates an eye-pleasing, rich look. The hardwood flooring continues on the stairs and the bedroom level with a maple finish.
- The Main Level has crown molding and recessed LED lighting throughout, with an eye-pleasing, neutral wall color to accomodate any design style.
- A fully upgraded half bath is also located on the Main Level.
- The Main Level opens to a composite deck and a fenced-in brick patio. These outdoor spaces are accessed through a French door and a slider door, which provide natural light and easy inside/outside entertaining or relaxation.
- The Owner's Suite is large enough to make a King-size bed look small, with a large walk-in closet with custom shelving.
- The Owner's Suite bathroom has been fully renovated with the same attention to details found in the kitchen, with high-quality design choices made for the Quartz, shower and floor tile, custom vanity, shower door, and lighting. The stand alone tub in front of the Palladian window is the focal point of this beautiful space.
- The second bedroom on this level is also sized as an Owner's Suite, with a fully remodeled bathroom with custom tile work and a large walk-in closet.
- The laundry closet is located on the bedroom level.
- The Upper Level can serve as a luxurious guest suite, as the full bathroom on this level has been fully remodeled to the same quality standards shown in the kitchen and other bathrooms. This level has a large walk-in closet, as well as a separate attic storage closet.
- As an Owner’s Retreat, a comfortable chair on the Upper Level will provide a great spot to read a book or take a relaxing nap. This level can also serve as an office space with the built-in bookcases.
- The Lower Level is large enough to allow the homeowner to set up a TV-watching area, as well as space for a game table in front of the built-in bookcases. This level also has the second gas fireplace An upgraded half bath is located on the Lower Level. Plumbing for a wet bar is readily available in the corner next to the mechanical room.
- The Lower Level has an updated half bath, with Travertine tile floor.
- The Lower Level has newly installed carpet and wall panel trim. Beneath the carpet is Travertine tile (same as for half bath), so the new homeowner can revert this space back to a tile floor if desired.
- The mechanical room on this level provides additional storage space. The mechanical room also accesses another space that can be used for wine storage with a cooling system and wine storage racks in place, or used instead as additional storage.
All windows in the house have been replaced with double-hung, vinyl-clad windows (2017).
All door hardware in the house has been upgraded to an antiqued brass finish.
All light fixtures in the house have been upgraded.
- The HVAC systems were installed in 2015 and 2021.
- The hot water heater was replaced in 2013.
- The house has a central vacuum system.
- The one-car garage has overhead loft mounted storage, with space along walls for cabinets or shelving. The driveway offers an additional parking space.
- Visitor parking is located to the left of the house on Bedington Terrace, within sight of the front door. Residents can also park in Visitor parking overnight.
Landmark Mews community details:
Landmark Mews is a community of 148 townhouses located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 and a bus to the Van Dorn Metro that you can catch with a 10-minute walk from the front door. The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Landmark Mews. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10 minute drive.
In 2020, Landmark Mews completed a two-year renovation of its entire landscaping, which includes installation of LED pathway lighting. The community also has a large central grass Commons with walking paths, benches, and landscaping that creates a space for a peaceful walk or quiet reflection, with this green space located a short stroll from the front door. With the extensive landscaping, mature trees, and brick driveways and front walks throughout the community, Landmark Mews provides its residents with eye-pleasing views to enjoy outside their home every day.
The planned redevelopment projects within Alexandria's West End are located to benefit the community from their proximity. Landmark Mews will offer its residents easy access to the shopping, dining, and entertainment amenities in these projects, yet you get to live in a Park-like setting, with a neighborhood look and feel.
Landmark Mews is uniquely positioned to derive maximum "livability," health-related, and location-driven community appeal and valuation benefits from the Landmark Mall Redevelopment project (see below).
Landmark Mews also offers its residents access to Fios high speed internet.
Update On Alexandria West End Redevelopment Projects:
On December 22, 2020, the City of Alexandria announced the plan to redevelop Landmark Mall, with Inova as the anchor client and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer. The City’s announcement and information regarding the project can be viewed at the following links (City 12-22-2020 press announcement and Landmark Mixed Use Redevelopment January 4, 2021 Community Information Session presentation (link is to YouTube video of presentation/the presentation slides are uploaded to this property website)).
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex with a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa);
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
The new Landmark will be a community gathering place for Alexandria's West End, with residential, retail, and restaurants, 3.5 acres of public parks, a minimum of 25% open space for each block, a transit hub, and a new fire station.
Construction is scheduled to commence in 2023, the first non-hospital buildings will be ready in 2025, and the new Inova Alexandria hospital is scheduled to open in 1st Quarter of 2028.
Apart from bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, entertainment options five minutes from Landmark Mews, the Landmark project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Landmark Overlook, Greenhill South, Avanti 550, and others.
Get in Touch
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2023 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).